Monday, March 21, 2011

Top 6 Products I Love RIGHT NOW!

So, I have people who ask me all the time what products I use so I decided to write about my favorite products.  I will probably do a list every couple weeks or maybe just once a month... my favs change all the time!   This months favorites are all products I use regularly and will continue to use them no matter the season or trend... they are classic products that have no expiration date on being amazing!  Take a look....

#1  Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro Enamel in Steel Grey 
preview      ~I've gotten sooo many compliments on this nail polish that it's become my go to color.  It's a grey color that has lavender undertones.  It goes with anything that you're wearing so it doesn't clash and it's a bit more trendy then just wearing clear or pale color polish.  I've been stopped in stores and even in the Starbucks drive-thru because they wanted to know what color my polish was!  Not only is it a pretty color, it lasts for a crazy long time without needing touch ups!  I polished my nails 8 days ago (2 coats) and they are still going strong!  HB's TIP: Even if you aren't wearing polish, swipe your nails with Nail Polish Remover to get rid of any oil on your nails.  This will help your polish "lock" on to your nails and it will last much longer!

Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner#2 Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner for Brown Eyes
     ~ This liner is specifically designed for different eye colors.  I have brown eyes so I went with the custom eyeliner for brown eyes.  The gel slides on smoothly, no clumps and it comes with an application brush in case you don't already have one!  The little pods of eyeliner (3) are stackable and they just pop right off!  The color for enhancing brown eyes are a deep brown, black and purple liner.  I've always told people with brown eyes to try a purple liner with purple shadow, it really makes brown eyes pop!  So try it!!

CVS Purifying Mint Masque
#3 CVS Purifying Mint Masque 
     ~ I tried this last night actually and it's now my favorite mask!  It's supposed to draw out any impurities in your skin, shrink your pores and sooth your skin.  It smells great and goes on easy because it's super thick. You put it on, wait for 18 minutes and wash it off with warm water and a washcloth.  You can immediately tell a difference in the way your skin looks and feels. HB's TIP: I recommend putting moisturizer on right after because masks can dry your skin a bit. **If you go to Walgreens, Queen Helene's Mint Masque has the same exact ingredients as CVS's product... just in case you don't have a CVS near you! 



#4 Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss in Natural Boost 200 
     ~I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lip gloss!  It's a nude color, which I love!  You can wear it with anything.  It completes any look.  It's got a little shimmer in it which is pretty but not overbearing.  HB's TIP: I always put chap stick or a clear gloss on my lips first before applying this or any lip color.  It helps your gloss or lipstick glide on easily and it prevents your lips from getting stained by lip color!




#5 Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation 
     ~Yes, I'm a Mary Kay consultant. Yes, I love most of their products.  This one is, BY FAR, the best product they have and I will recommend it to ANYONE!  I hate wearing liquid foundation... I hate the way it feels on my face and I always end up not blending it in enough and well... you know I'm sure!  This mineral foundation is lightweight and absolutely impossible to mess up!  It comes with a professional mineral powder brush FOR FREE, just dip the brush in the powder, tap the excess off and swirl the powder over your face starting for the inside working your way out to your hairline.  You are left with a flawless face that looks natural and feels like you aren't wearing any makeup!  HB's TIP: Before I apply this I use a tinted moisturizer to even my skin tone a little bit... if your face gets red in places I highly suggest you do that first before applying the powder so your face looks fresh and not dry and cakey.

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner Masque 300ml/10.2oz#6 Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner Masque 
     ~If you have hair that gets dry often, if you color your hair or if you have curly hair, you NEED to use this!  I have all 3 of those "conditions" and I use this EVERY time I shampoo my hair.  I'm left with shiny, manageable hair that looks and feels healthy.  Apply it to the ends of your hair up to your neck... DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR SCALP.  It will weigh your hair down and we don't want that!!  Leave it on for 3 minutes and rinse it out... Done!  HB's TIP: It's not about your shampoo, it's all about your conditioner!  Buy a cheap shampoo that will clean your hair and then spend your money on a good conditioner.  Your conditioner is just that... a CONDITIONER!  It's THE most important thing you put on your hair.


OK.... so there you have it! My top 6 favs of March and ALL YEAR ROUND! 

Check back in April for my Top 6 Spring Products I Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment