Monday, August 22, 2011

EOTD: Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

This might be my favorite smoky/neutral eye! By using a blending brush I can get a really nice "faded" look.

-First, I started by applying a primer to my eyelids so the product sticks and lasts all day.

-I then applied a matte cream color to my entire lid.

-Then I applied a matte light brown color in the natural crease of my lid.

*At this point you don't need to be neat...It will all get blended in the end.*

-Then I take my Sigma blending brush and I blend the shadow in a circular motion until all the "lines" are gone.

-I then go back in with a small, angular brush with a dark chocolate brown color, in the outer corner of my eye.

-I try to make a triangle shape on the out corner of my eye with the dark shadow... kinda like a cat eye but not that extreme... unless you want a more dramatic look.

-After I have the dark shadow where I want it, I go back in with my blending brush and blend it out to give it that natural, faded look.

****BLEND****

-I then go back in with my matte cream colored shadow in the corners of my eyes to brighten the look up!

-I line the outer, upper corner of my eye, as well as the upper water line so the outer corner of my eye looks darker than everything else.

-Curl your lashes, give them a few generous coats of mascara... and you're good to go!

Here are a few pictures!







Let me know if you have any questions about this look!

Please follow me on TWITTER!!

hb
xox

2 comments: